If you are reading this article, you are probably like us in at least one important way: you love table tennis! One of the best things about table tennis is that it is a sport that has been around for a long time, and many people have found both challenges and joy in engaging in this sport.
Moreover, many of these people have had some really interesting things to say about table tennis. Some of these things are encouraging and inspirational, while others are funny and relatable. Some are both! In this article, we will list some of the best funny and inspirational table tennis quotes for your enjoyment and motivation.
Inspirational Table Tennis Quotes
1. “Being the best is not good enough. Try harder. Just make sure having fun is a central component of striving for excellence” – Carl Horowitz
This is a great quote, not just for table tennis players, but for people engaged in all aspects of life. We should all strive for excellence but must remember that having fun is key.
2. “The best time to play ping pong is when you know – Winning is not everything!” – Fu Jung
Of course, we want to get better at table tennis, but we should focus on getting better and having fun. This may involve losing. But the journey will make you a better player.
3. “Happiness is sometimes just a sound of a ping pong ball” – Fu Jung
For many of us, some of our happiest moments are when the ball is flying back and forth between us and our opponent.
4. “In the game of tennis we all have second sometimes even third opportunities” – Unknown
This quote is just as relevant to table tennis as it is to everyday life. Your serve may not have been perfect but you always have the next hit to make your mark.
5. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
There is a difference between good players and great players, and that difference often has to do with relentlessness.
6. “The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is a disappointment” – Unknown
Being good at table tennis takes work, and for many, the process is the best part.
7. “Spectacular Performances are preceded by spectacular preparation” – Frank Giampaolo
This quote could be a companion piece to the previous quote. Preparation is key to performance.
8. “Losing is just a part of playing. What matters is learning new techniques which learned while playing” – Unknown’
This quote puts into words a lot of what the previous quotes say indirectly. Losing is a learning opportunity and therefore a win, not a loss.
9. “In a match of ping pong, character matterrs, and performance counts.” – Fu Jung
Skill is both brought about by character and best used by someone with good character.
10. “You are likely to succumb in the match if you are defeated mentally” – Unknown
This quote probably rings true for most of us. We wonder at how people mount great combacks and the truth is that it has just as much to do with mental fortitude and confidence as it does with skill with a ping pong paddle.
11. “If you want to win in table tennis you must hit every ball with purpose.” – Daniel Ives
Table tennis is a sport in which the most subtle movements have the greatest impact. That’s why you have to treat every hit as if it was the most important hit you could make.
Funny Table Tennis Quotes
1. “Sometimes you want to give your opponents a good backhand, but only in ping pong will you do so.” – Fu Jung
Yes, this is a beautiful (and satisfying) sport.
2. “If you can’t take a punch, you should play table tennis.” – Pierre Berbizier
Table tennis might not involve physical altercations, but there’s no doubt that peak fitness is essential.
3. “Life is hard, table tennis is harder!” – Azlan
For many of us, this may be just a little too relatable.
4. “Its the fate of most ping pong tables in home basements eventually to serve the ends of other, more desperate games” – Jonathan Franzen
Well, this quote bridges the gap between table tennis and life like many of the inspirational quotes. This one is just a bit more funny.
Table Tennis and Life
Reading these quotes, there are some common themes that cannot be ignored. Table tennis is so much about your mentality towards table tennis, as well as your determination and resolve to get better. But while you are putting in all the work to achieve excellence, one cannot lose sight of how much fun it is to play the game.